Course Selections 2015 - 2016
It's that time of year!
Guidance counsellors have visited students in Homeroom classes to talk about the course selections process.
Students are expected to visit Carreer Cruising here to help facilitate their course selections. Instructions to use Career Cruising are here .
Below are blank course option sheets to help guide the students in their course selections. Please click on the appropriate grade.
Students are encouraged to use these outlines to help them choose their courses. Please save course selections. DO NOT SUBMIT course selections yet!
Students will be meeting with their guidance counsellors to help in the submission process from Career Cruising.
Grade 9 Option Sheet
Grade 10 Option Sheet
Grade 11 Option Sheet
Grade 12 Option Sheet
Need more information regarding courses? Visit the Iplan here.
OSSLT (Ontario Secondary School Literacy Test) Information
This year’s OSSLT will take place on Thursday, March 26, 2015 at the school. All Grade 10 and Previously Eligible students will write the test from 8:00 am until 11:00 am that day. The rest of the student body will be on a modified school day.
How will the school help your son or daughter be successful on the test?
1) After-school Literacy Course – will begin in February and will run for 6 weeks leading up to the test date (Feb. 11, 18, 25 and Mar. 4, 10, 11, 24, 25). The course is strongly encouraged for those students in the Applied/Locally Developed pathway. Transportation will not be provided. Permission forms are available in the library. The course is free of charge.
2) Literacy Lunches (A & B) – will begin in February and will run every day during lunch in the Student Support Centre (Rm 170) up until the week of the actual test. Students may complete sample task booklets and receive one-on-one support during their lunch period.
3) In class practice sessions – In addition to an information assembly, every Grade 10 student will receive a two-week test preparation package which they will complete with their various Gr. 10 teachers over the course of two weeks leading up to the test date.
4) Previously Eligible students (includes students who were absent or deferred last year, or were unsuccessful in their previous attempt, or came from out of province) will receive a practice booklet from Ms. Ifill and two practice sessions during Semester Two.
5) An OSSLT Parent Information Night will be held at the school on Thursday, Feb. 12, 2015 in the school library from 7:00 - 8:00 pm.
Click here for a letter to parents regarding the OSSLT.
Visit the EQAO website at for sample test questions, student tips, and other resources.
What's easy, costs nothing, and makes people feel great?
Available to both staff and students (via link below OR posters with QR Codes)
Here's a simple way we can spread acknowledgement within the school community...
Fill out the acknowledgement form here.
Do so whenever it occurs to you that a staff member, or student does / did something worth acknowledging. Anything. Big or small. Whether they were 'supposed' to do it or not. The form will be received and the person acknowledged.
The person acknowledged will have the opportunity to have a picture taken in the 'frame of fame' - the picture will be posted on the school's Twitter feed. BAM - instant public acknowledgement!
This project is open to all staff and students at St. Peter's!
Acknowledge someone today!
Click Here for
Spirit Wear Order Form
Click here for the Ready to Learn
Click here for A Simcoe Muskoka Catholic District School Board Animation Video regarding Specialist Highschool Major programs
Click here for information and booking procedures regarding the parent teacher interview evening
on March 26, 2015.
Click here to the link to the interview booking site.
Tuesday, March 3
Girls’ Badminton Doubles
Banting; 3:00 pm
Wednesday, March 4
Junior Boys’ Hockey Tryouts
Innisfil Rec Centre; 3:00pm-4:00pm
New School Uniform
Beginning September 2014, we will now be using a new clothing line DGN KILTERS.
You can order on-line at www.dgn-kilters.com or by calling 1-800-437-5872. There is also a store located at 132 Commerce Park Blvd. Unit D Barrie, ON